Oh bloggy friends, how have I missed thee. I know I have been blogging sessions and weddings, but I feel like I haven't really written about life for a while. I am finally back in my home in Lynchburg and settled into my routine. Which means.... Gratituesday is baaaack! I honestly never intended it for be put on hold that whole time, but as it turned out... it was less stressful at the time to let each Tuesday slip by me without a post.
I missed a lot of things about Lynchburg and this week I am simply grateful to be home.
Here are some of my favorite things about Lynchburg that I really missed while I was gone:
- Mi familia. (You like that español spin, don't you? Little did you know that half my Lynchburg family is Mexican :)) Tommy's family lives in Lynchburg and I missed spending time with them. I kicked off my homecoming my first night with plans to see my nieces and nephew swim in a home swim meet. Ahhh I LOVED it. I can't tell you how difficult it was for me NOT to just jump in the water and swim the 50 meter butterfly event! (Okay it wasnt' that bad, but seriously... I miss those events.) And I love spending time with my family, so it was a fun night! :)
- My house. Our house is finally becoming a home. In fact, I had a whole blog entry written about that adventure, but I'm going to save it for when I have before and after pictures to share. Point is... this house has had some major TLC on my quick weekend trips to Lynchburg these past two months and I finally feel like it is a home. I can't wait for Tommy to see it. :)
- My fenced in back yard. My poor dogs have had to be on a leash every time they were outside at my parent's house. But here, they have a back yard to run around in. And they are so much happier. Which makes me happier.
- My friends. I have been blessed with having many of my friends living all around the country, and while there are definitely con's to that, I almost always focus on the pro's. (Like the fact that we can go almost anywhere in the country to visit and see people we love.) I do have a few very special friends here in Lynchburg that I missed dearly. I am so glad to be back to visit with them. :)
- Joe Bean's Coffee. Here in Lynchburg we have this fab hometown coffee place. It's a drive thru and there are about 3 of them around town. They make my order better than any other coffee shop I've ever been to and I LOVE them. I also have a soft spot for supporting local businesses, so I am pretty excited about being back in town to visit them!
- My mailbox and my address. There has been more than one address mix-up while I was in Fredericksburg and I am glad to have things less complicated now. No more delayed mail! :)
- My bed. It's the comfiest (to me) bed in the world and I'm glad to be back in it again. :)
- Kroger!!! Ahhhh I missed my Kroger. A couple times I'd be shopping at my mom's local grocery looking for a favorite product and after staring at the section for 5 minutes it would occur to me that I was searching for a Kroger BRAND item. I'd be so bummed. And am so glad to be back in town with my fav grocery store. :)
I'm grateful to be home. :) I LOVED my time in Fredericksburg with my family and it was so, so good for me to be there. But, more on that later. Today I'm grateful to be home. :)