"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." -C.S. Lewis
One thing I have learned in recent years and really take to heart is that planning encourages living intentionally, in turn adding quality to your (my) life. I plan a lot more these days than I used to. I plan meals for the week, budgets for the month, traveling for the year, the list goes on. I even plan in days off, and I let Tommy lead the way on those days. He is much more of a spontaneous soul. Sometimes this poses a challenge when I am booking weddings a year in advance - but I think we do a pretty decent job balancing each other out. :)
I have been thinking about this week ahead and I simply wanted to gather my thoughts. The Sunday after a wedding often feels like my brain is sleeping. I know I have a lot of work to do, but I cannot think straight long enough to sit down and make a to-do list. I kind of won't let myself. Sundays are my day to rest - so I tell myself probably 5 times every Sunday "Stop thinking about work. Sit here and do nothing." Hah.
So here we are on Monday... and I need to gather my thoughts for the week ahead. My blog shall be my notebook.
Goals for this week:
- Have new tires put on my car (by Wednesday AM)
- Make a trip to ikea (for a new bookshelf for the office!)
- Cull/sort two weddings
- Edit and deliver one wedding
- Prepare and schedule 2-3 weddings for the blog
- Prepare and schedule 2-3 portrait sneak-peeks for the blog
- Collect and sort images for submission to the local bridal guide
- Design and order marketing cards for wedding venues
I think I can... I think I can!