Wednesday was seriously amazing. It felt like Christmas morning when I woke up! The response to the new brand + website and the anticipation for the party in the evening was just so, so touching. I could feel your excitement and it was the best feeling!! Thank you, thank you for joining me on this journey!
Today I want walk through all the things that are different about the new site and brand, what is staying the same, and the big Why behind this massive change!
So... First the exciting stuff!
- The NAME! With a new name comes new.... everything!! All new social media handles, email addresses, and URLs. My Sincerely, Liz links and email will continue to work for a few months until I get everything changed, though. So don't worry! In the meantime, if you haven't already, please update the following URLs:
- As mentioned above - there's a new Facebook page! I am combining my two Facebook pages (weddings/portraits & birth) into ONE and I'm starting ALL over with page likes... (no thanks to Facebook's "change your name only one time" rule!) Come help me out and like it! :)
- I have a new section of my site for working mamas. I can't count how many times I have heard people say "I don't know how you do it." Please know, first and foremost, I don't. Let me reiterate: I do not do it all. You can come knock on my door right now and I will not let you walk into my kitchen because it is a disaster. :) BUT I do have a few tools in my life that help me. See more info about these on the working mamas page! I have a lot of plans to update this section with new goodies over time!
- Birth... weddings... what's up with that? YES I'm still shooting weddings! But, YES, I am working hard to build up the number of birth clients I'm working with as well. Birth is my heart... you all know that. But I couldn't ever stop photographing weddings! I see weddings as the strong, healthy roots of this business and I plan to continue to nurture and water them for years. :) That said, I can tell you there is almost nothing more fulfilling to me than to photograph the birth experience of a past wedding couple of mine!!! So there's a place for both of these styles of photography here in the LCP family!!
- The STUDIO! I had been discussing with Tommy for over a year about how I really felt like I needed a space of my own to meet with clients. We considered a lot of options to resolve this need, including moving to a new house with studio space, renting a space, and even using a space in a relative's home. Then one day it was like a lightbulb went off and voila! I put in the time and effort to turn a space in our current home into a studio office. I am a big fan of finding contentment with what you already have and this solution aligned with that philosophy SO well. I am very grateful. I'm loving the new space and cannot wait to share it with you!
- The studio wardrobe. Oh the power of good clothing choices for your pictures... it is NOT overrated!! A lot of people see a portrait and think "I want that," but they aren't sure how to recreate it. What a lot of people don't recognize is that what they choose wear in their pictures has a huge impact on the overall look and feel of the final product. Being able to offer a studio wardrobe to my clients helps guarantee they won't be disappointed! Of course, it's not required to wear something from the wardrobe. I am available to talk with each and every client in their pre-session consultation about what they will wear for their portraits and the overall look they are going for, wether it's pieces from the wardrobe or their own closet.
- Along with having the studio space, I am now sharing session images through In-Person Portrait Reveal Sessions. I'll be sharing more about what to expect at this kind of a session, but what I am most excited about is the opportunity to experience this WITH you. I will be helping my clients choose their images and products and using my experience to ensure you feel both comfortable and enthusiastic about your investment!
- NICU Sessions - During the Launch Party I announced a new complimentary photo service for families whose babies are in the NICU. This is not a organization or a part of a non-profit. It's just something I'm making myself available to for these special families in our community. Because of this, the only way people will learn about this service is through word of mouth. If you ever have the chance, please share it with your friends!
Even though there's a lot of NEW, the old is still here to stay!
Here's what won't be changing:
- Great customer service. In fact, I hope to only improve my customer service interactions by offering MORE time for each client and each photo session. This allows me to work with fewer clients, in turn giving me more time and energy necessary to have a strong attention to detail which will enhance your client experience.
- I'm still photographing weddings. Yes! I said this above, but it's worth repeating!! I will continue to take on a limited number of weddings annually and I have zero plans to change this!
- I will still offer photo sessions on-location, outside of the studio... the same way I have always done. The studio only adds more options for you to choose from!
- Of course most everything else about the business will remain the same. Clients will receive a custom experience with great customer service, and I'll continue to be available for almost all of your photography needs! (I mean, I don't have a drone... so my options are slightly limited. ;))
Yes... the WHY. First, I need to preface this by admitting that I'm sad to see Sincerely, Liz go. I may actually be in denial a bit. But yes, it's going away for good and that leaves me a little bummed. I grew so much under that business name... my work grew... my network of friends and colleagues and clients grew. Sincerely, Liz is recognized in our community and it's pretty scary to change the whole name and image of any business!
But this change is a good one. Here's why.
The future plans for my business include learning more and sharing more about birth photography. With the help of wise advisors and business coaches, Tommy and I decided that starting from the ground up as Liz Cook was a wiser business choice than sticking with my current name. This new brand will help with name and face recognition around town and among industry colleagues. It's easier for everyone, I think.
Not only am I wanting to learn and share more about birth photography, but I also am upping the ante with my custom photography experience for my clients. For a long time I've been a "Shoot & Burn" photographer. This means that I showed up, photographed you and your family, and delivered the digital images. And that was it. This kind of service was becoming draining for an extrovert who thrives off of relationships. I began to recognize that the more I poured into my clients and got to know them, the better their images would turn out. As a result of this, I gained a confidence in my work thus motivating me to provide better customer service towards my clients overall.
All of which is ten times more fulfilling than meeting clients once and sending along a URL to download their pictures. Most of which are probably very likely still sitting on hard drives. Yes?
So these big realizations all came together and screamed "New Brand." A new feel, a new definition of what I am offering to clients. Actual products, photographic heirlooms, guidance in designing wall art for your home, and advice throughout your whole photography experience. And I love it. Yes, I'm sad to see Sincerely, Liz go... but that sadness is far outweighed by the excitement of the new changes and the opportunities ahead with this new brand!
So I hope this explains things a bit and that you are just as excited as I am about what is to come!! Eeeek!