This blog post is written specifically for my birth photographer colleagues. So if you are a client or a friend, consider yourself relieved from reading it! :)
I'm a little bit obsessed with Periscope at the moment. It is a newer social media platform that's changing the world of social media. In a culture of immediacy, the live broadcasting service is quite frankly unbeatable.
My colleague, Amanda Ditzel from Raleigh Birth Photography, is hosting a Birth Photography Periscope Challenge starting this Monday, March 7th. There are over 60 registered birth workers (you don't have to be a birth photographer to participate!) and it is a wonderful opportunity to practice on periscope with a community there to support you!
I know a lot of people are thinking "I don't need ANOTHER platform to manage," or "How is this even beneficial for my business?" I wanted to take a minute to address a few hesitations because, not only do I really believe Periscope is an incredible platform that every business owner can use, but having a challenge to participate in makes everything seem a bit less intimidating! My hope is that at the end of this blog post, you will be convinced to sign up for the challenge and join us on Periscope!
Why Should My Business Be On Persicope?
- Connect with your clients face-to-face and build relationships. Periscope is THE fastest way to build the "Know, Like and Trust" factor! When you literally show up in your client's living room in REAL time and you talk directly to them, you are building TRUST. When people like you and trust you, they will invest in you and your business. It is honestly unbelievable how EASY and SEAMLESS this process is through Periscope. (It almost feels too good to be true, guys!)
- Set yourself as an expert in your field. Using Periscope to share information and "teach" your clients is a wonderful way to set yourself as a leader and expert in your field (and community) without actually organizing an event and standing in front of 30+ people to teach. Less effort, equal benefits! Again - people invest into businesses they TRUST.
- Build your tribe. Let me say it again. When people like you and trust you, they will invest in you and your business. But who has time to sit down and build an individual relationship with so many people? We have enough on our plates as mothers, wives, aunts, friends, and business owners! Periscope offers us the opportunity to meet with many people at once and investing in them and their interests in an easy way. This helps build your tribe and your tribe are the people who will always support you.
- Create enticement and anticipation by showing your products and services in real time. Imagine with me an "unboxing" periscope:
- You receive a box from UPS.
- Log into Periscope and begin a 'scope titled "Unboxing an album! Sneak peek before I deliver to my client!"
- Say "hello!"
- Set your phone on a tripod and open the box. Ooh and Ahh... with great enthusiasm, show your clients the quality of your product. Tell them the story behind the pictures and the family/clients you are delivering it to. Add romanticism.
- Before you know it, you have an inquiry in your inbox that reads "I saw you on Periscope and I LOVE the album you showed! I'm interested in hearing more about what your studio offers!"
- Send me a virtual high-five, because, friend, IT IS THAT EASY.
- Show behind-the-scenes of your work. You'd be surprise how much people want to know how all the magic happens! Use Periscope as an exclusive platform to only show "Behind the Scenes" clips of your business and your life. People feel more connected to you when they are getting exclusive peeks into your world... and... you got it, they will invest in YOUR products and services when the time comes for them to make that decision.
Are you getting the jist, guys? Periscope is incredible... it is truly changing the scene of social media!! I hope these quick bullet points will help give you the push to hit that Broadcast button! Or at the VERY least, download the app and watch some scopes! You will learn SO much!
If you are scared to do try your first broadcast (Who isn't?! It's SO intimidating!), I'd love if you would download this Free Periscope How-To Guide! It's 5 pages of information I've gathered to help you get on your feet in the periscope world!
And lastly, if you are a birth photographer and you haven't already signed up for the Birth Photography Periscope Challenge, what are you waiting for?!
So the question is... Will I be seeing YOU on Periscope next week?! Leave your username in the comments and I'll be sure to follow you!