Who, What, When, Where, Why?
Studio Consultations are complimentary, no-obligation meetings available to anyone interested in booking Liz Cook Photography for their baby, family or wedding photography needs.
Most of the time, consultations happen in my natural light studio located in the New London area of Forest, Virginia (just a 10 minute drive from Lynchburg, Virginia). However, there are times when a client lives out of town and plans to travel a few hours for their session in which case our consultation can happen either over the phone or through google hangout. These meetings are simply a low-pressure conversation where we get to know one another a little bit and I ask all the key questions regarding what you are hoping to get out of your photography investment. This is also the time for you to receive answers to any of your questions.
There is no pressure to book a session or wedding at this consultation. In fact, I always encourage prospective clients to go home, think about all we discussed, and then let me know if they would like to move forward with booking. All booking, contracts and payments are handled easily and securely online and can be taken care of from any location. You do not have to be at the studio to reserve your session or make any payments.
Why Should I Schedule A Consultation?
I understand custom photography is an investment and it is imperative that we have open communication about your photography experience. I want to know all of your expectations and it is important that you know mine as well! If you have hopes and dreams for your final images, this is your opportunity to tell me all about them! I want to do my best to give you exactly what you are hoping for, but I can’t do that without a full understanding of your expectations.
To put it simply, meeting for a consultation helps guarantee you will receive final images you truly love!!
When Should I Schedule My Consultation?
Prospective clients typically schedule a complimentary consultation as soon as they know they are interested in working with me. My calendar fills up quickly, so if you think you may be interested in booking a session with me, I’d recommend you schedule a consultation as soon as possible!
Since consultations themselves don't take very long, it's easy to fit them on the calendar. However, it's not so easy to fit in full photo sessions at the last minute. This is why I recommend you schedule a consultation as soon as possible since we will be discussing the scheduling of your session when we meet.
If you are looking to book a photographer at the last minute for a baby milestone or newborn session, the latest I can schedule a consultation is about a week out from a pre-scheduled session date. To get an idea of when you should plan for your session (not consultation), here’s a quick list:
- Maternity sessions are typically scheduled between 32 and 34 weeks of pregnancy, but have been scheduled as late as 38 weeks (though that really was risky considering mama went into labor the very next day!).
- Newborn sessions are typically scheduled when baby is between 7-20 days old. These sessions are normally reserved months ahead of time (when mom is about 25-30 weeks along).
How Can I Schedule My Consultation?
When someone is interested in booking a complimentary studio consultation, they can simply inquire with me or click here to access the consultation booking page. It’s an easy process and all are welcome!
How Should I Prepare For My Consultation?
Depending on your photography needs, you may need to prepare a little before you come to the studio. Below are some ways you can make the most of your time with me:
- Any prospective clients coming in for a consultation are welcome to bring any questions you may have for me, as well as a way to show me any of your photography “dreams” for your session or wedding pictures. You can do this through a pinterest board or simply a few images you’ve seen that you love. (You’ll know we are a good match if any of my pictures make your short list! :))
- Brides and Grooms are welcome to bring along a parent and/or a friend to help ensure you are getting all of your questions answered and well-documented. Some also bring along their wedding planning binder with a list of pre-printed questions.
- Maternity, Newborn, and Family consultations are a great time to look through the studio wardrobe and try on a few pieces. If you plan to do this, please bring along neutral undergarments including a strapless bra and one or two pair of shoes you plan to wear for your session.
Is There Anything Else I Should Know Before I Come?
Yes! The studio is attached to Liz’s home in the New London area of Bedford, Virginia. The property is pet-friendly (dogs, cats, geckos and more! :)), and smoke-free. All of the pets are out of reach of the studio with the exception of the cats. If you have allergies to pets, please let Liz know ahead of time so necessary precautions can be made.